Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Blogger Hop No. 38: My Favorite Reading Place




Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop,
hosted by Billy @


For more information, click HERE.


What to Do

1.) Post on your blog answering this week's
question:

Do you have a favorite place
to read?

2.)  Enter the link to your post in the
Linky list on Billy's blog.

3.)  Visit other blogs on the list and
comment on their posts. 

4.)  Be sure to find out next week's
question when you visit
Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer!


My Answer

Well, if I'm really interested in a book, I guess I could read almost anywhere, actually. However,  for me, the best place to read would be one in which I would feel comfortable enough to be able to get lost in a book, whether I'm reading fiction or nonfiction. 

My husband and I live in a condo. In the living room, we have a super comfortable couch with double recliners. So I do love to read there at night, after hubby has gone to bed. Since I have a part-time night job, I don't have to get up early, so sometimes I stay up until 4:00 AM. I'm definitely a night owl!

I also have a reading nook, with a very comfortable massage chair and foot stool. I have a small table right next to it, too, which holds my laptop (when not in use) and some books.




A view of our living room, with 
reading nook and couch.



A closer look at the reading nook.



Although I love these two reading places, I still dream of an ideal reading corner.... This ideal place would be totally different. It would be a huge bay window, like the ones in old English mansions (I'm thinking of Thornfield Hall, from the novel Jane Eyre). This window would have a wide ledge, upholstered with a surface similar to a mattress, and would have lots of large, cuddly throw pillows, bright, but indirect, sunlight, and a beautiful view outside, with gorgeous, ancient oak trees and rolling fields. Sigh.... Yes, I'm a romantic at heart!  






These are not typical of bay windows at Thornfield Hall, but they look very comfy and cozy! 





What are your thoughts?
Please leave a comment along
with a link to your post,
so I can come check it out! 








20 comments:

  1. That reading nook looks so comfortable. I also love the bookshelves. It is so important to have a quiet, dedicated place to read.









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      Yeah, it is! I am in love with these bookshelves, as well as the books on them! Lol.

      Reading in a quiet place that's only for that purposes is indeed important. Distractions and noise are the bane of every reader!

      Thanks so much for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. One day, I'll have big bookcases like that. *Sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa!

      We bought these at Ikea. The corner shelves came all together, and the shelf on the other side of the little window actually is part of the group. Because of the window, we asked the installers to assemble set it up on the other side of it.

      The bookcases didn't come in black, so my husband painted them for me. Now they match the rest of the living room furniture.

      Hope you can get shelves like these sometime in the future!

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice place.

    Love the chairs and ALL of the books.

    Have a great day and weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Elizabeth!

      Thanks for the compliment! I love these shelves, too! And I have lots of fascinating books on them that I need to read....lol.

      Hope you have a great day and weekend, too! Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  4. I love all your bookshelves. Your actual reading nook looks pretty cozy! I love the idea of a big bay window - particularly if it's looking out over the English countryside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katherine!

      Thank you!! I love them, too! And yes, my reading nook is indeed very cozy!

      I've always dreamed of bay windows with a wide ledge to sit on, and I would SO love to be able to look out upon the English countryside.....sigh....

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi, Vicki!

      Thank you! I love it, too, especially since I'm surrounded by books!

      Thanks for the comment!! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi, Billy!

      Thanks! i can assure that it's peaceful and quiet! Lol.

      Thanks for coming by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  7. Love your reading areas.....I can read anywhere but quiet is good. I do love the sound of rain while I read :)
    VISIT SPORTOCHICK’S MUSINGS ANSWER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Teri!

      Thanks! They're very comfy and cozy, and yes, they're quiet, too. And you know what? I, too, love the sound of rain when I'm reading! Somehow it makes the reading even more enjoyable! I think it increases the feeling of coziness! Lol.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  8. Those window seat pictures are pretty much my dream reading place too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Megan!

      Yeah, aren't they lovely? And they look SO comfy and cozy, too! Glad you like them!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, such an awesome book nook! Looks very comfy and easy to forget about the world outside of your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lulu!

      I'm so happy you like my book nook! Yes, it's very comfy indeed! I'm typing out this reply while sitting in that chair right now! And yes, I can definitely get lost in a book while sitting here!

      Thanks for visiting and commenting back with such a nice comment!! :)

      Delete
  10. I would love to have a place like your dream reading spot too. So dreamy!

    Your reading nook looks so comfy! I wish we had a recliner--but I imagine I wouldn't be the one sitting in it . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      Oh, I've always dreamed of reading in a bay window! SOOOO romantic.....

      My reading nook is definitely very comfy! If I need to, I can also use the massage chair. Really a plus! I do most of my blogging in that chair, but most of my reading on the couch, with the recliner.

      If you did have a recliner, you should be able to use it! After all, cats love to curl up in comfy armchairs, and probably prefer recliners. Lol.

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)