Saturday, December 7, 2013

Shelf Candy Saturday #96: Regency Christmas Proposals, by Gayle Wilson, Amanda McCabe, and Carole Mortimer

  


Welcome to Shelf Candy Saturday!!



This weekly feature
showcases beautiful book covers,
and provides information,
if available, on their very talented creators!

For more information
about Shelf Candy Saturday,
just click HERE.



Here's my choice for this week!



Regency Christmas Proposals
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Harlequin
November 1, 201o
Anthology, Christmas Romance,
Historical Romance 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8430134-regency-christmas-proposals?from_search=true





 Why do I love this cover?

There's something extra special about romance at Christmastime.  After all, it's the time of year when, even in the midst of all the holiday hustle and bustle, people are much kinder, much more attentive to their friends, significant others, and families, as well as to strangers.  Romantic love has a much more special meaning at this time!  And this specialness is very much in evidence on this cover. 

This is such an exquisitely detailed image!  I love everything about it -- the very realistic figures, the young woman's luminous, hot pink gown, and, most of all, the intensity of the young man's gaze..... this is definitely a man in love!  He is looking at his intended bride so earnestly, as he holds out the beautiful engagement ring.....this is every red-blooded woman's dream, especially during this beautiful season!  The young woman is very much in love with him, too.  This is very evident in the tender way she holds his right wrist, and gently places her hand on his left shoulder. 

In short, these two have ceased to notice everything around them, focusing entirely on each other. 

The play of light all over this cover is just gorgeous.  I love how it moves all over her gown, bringing out the highlights of its folds.  I love how it hovers in the background, which shows a glimpse of a Christmas tree.  The light provides a cozy, warm glow that perfectly suits the sweet intimacy of this scene. 

The light also highlights the young man's elegant cravat, bringing the viewer's eyes to his very handsome face, with its well-delineated features. 

The beautiful, elegant font, enclosed in an equally elegant, scrolled frame, reminds me of a wedding invitation.  Ah, romance! 

Needless to say, this cover was love at first sight for me, so I've just ordered this book  on Amazon!

Although I checked the Amazon online reader, I couldn't find the name of the creator of this exquisite cover anywhere.  Perhaps, when the book finally arrives home to my library, I'll be able to find the name of this person on the back cover.  For now, all I can do is admire this cover, and present it to my (female) readers for their own enjoyment!  






What do you think of my choice?
Leave me a comment
and let me know! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)