Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #57: Blood of Dragons, by Robin Hobb





This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


Here's my pick for this week!



(Rain Wilds Chronicles, Book 4)
Hardcover, 448 pages)
Harper Voyager
April 9, 2013
Fantasy


From the Fantastic Fiction Synopsis

Dragons will fly over Kelsingra once more.

The Tarman expedition has at last found Kelsingra, a city filled with ancient treasures. Here, the dragons and their Elderling keepers may discover their full potential, but only if the magic of Kelsingra can be unlocked.

Already rumours of the city have floated down the Rain Wild River. Adventurers, pirates and fortune hunters will soon be coming to pillage what they can. Among them, Hest Finbok, determined to claim back his errant wife, Alise.

Meanwhile, Selden Vestrit finds himself a prisoner of the ailing Duke of Chalced, who believes him to be some sort of dragon-man whose flesh and blood may work miracle cures...




Ooooh......dragons!!!
That's really all I need to know!
These creatures are just so fascinating!!
I love the plot, too.
And that cover is simply stunning...
It's very clear that this book
has my name itching to
become part of its pages, because
my fantasy bookplate will
definitely be going onto the very first page,
right next to the dust jacket!!
(And of course, I have to start
with Book 1....)


What do you think of my choice?
What terrific book(s)
are you all anxiously awaiting
this week?

3 comments:

  1. Dragons! Fantasy! i must have! great pick this week, this is definatly being added to my TBR pile

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, LunaMoth!

    I'm glad you agree that dragons and fantasy are an unbeatable combination, and that I've contributed to your TBR pile!!

    I'll be checking out your WOW.

    thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good.

    Dragons play such an interesting and important parts in our minds and cultures. We have been interested in them for so many centuries and the interest shows no sign of abating!

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)