Monday, November 28, 2011

The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2011!!




I have just discovered this wonderful
annual reading challenge, hosted by


This is a truly beautiful blog that celebrates
the Christmas Spirit all year long!!
Since I happen to love Christmas myself,
I am totally enchanted by the idea of keeping
the spirit of the season alive throughout the year,
so I certainly want to participate in this challenge!


Michelle also has another terrific blog,


which is totally dedicated to historical fiction,
and that is a reading genre I do enjoy
from time to time.


This challenge began on Monday, November 21, 2011,
and will run through Friday, January 6, 2012.

Here are some additional details, copied from
The Christmas Spirit: 


Cross-overs with other challenges are
totally permitted AND encouraged!
These must be Christmas novels, books about
Christmas lore,
books of Christmas short stories,
books about Christmas crafts,
or (for the first time)children's Christmas books!

Visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2011.




There are three reading levels, as well. 
The one I'm planning to do is the Mistletoe Level,
which consists of reading two to four books!

Additionally, there is a giveaway attached, so be sure to visit
Michelle's blog at the link above,
in order to get more information, as well as to link up,
since this is also a blog hop!


These are the books I will be reading!

(As a matter of fact, I've already started on the first one.)






Kaitlin O'Riley
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Zebra
October 1, 2011
Genres: Historical Romance,
Christmas Romance







Debra Dier, Eugenia Riley,
Amy Elizabeth Saunders,
Trana Mae Simmons
Mass Market Paperback, 440 pages
Love Spell
November 28, 1995
Genres: Historical Romance,
Christmas Romance









Mary Balogh, Sandra Heath,
Emily Hendrickson,
Emma Lange, Sheila Walsh
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Signet
November 1, 1994
Genres: Historical Fiction,
Christmas Romance









Linda Lael Miller
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Harlequin
October 26, 2010
Genres: Historical Romance,
Christmas Romance




As you can see, I love reading Christmas romances,
whether they are short stories or novels!!

I can't wait to see what other participants will be reading!! 
(I have a feeling I might end up reading more than four books....)



If you would like to join in, just write your own post,
grab the button above
(Michelle has another one available
on the reading challenge post)
and don't forget to link up your own blog post!!











2 comments:

  1. I am super late stopping by, but wanted to officially welcome you to the challenge. Thank you for your lovely compliments about my blogs. I'm glad you like them! I hope you enjoy the challenge and get a lot of good Christmas reading in. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Michelle!

    Oh, I know this is a very busy time of year, so it's okay. Thank you for the welcome!! And you're very welcome for my compliments on your blogs -- they're absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

    As for the challenge, it's a GREAT idea!!! I now have a nice new Christmas tradition to follow every year, because you may be sure I'll be participating every year from now on!!

    Thanks so much for dropping by!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)